Thursday 3 October 2013

Extra Extra!!!!

I'm currently laid up in bed, Olbas Oil and Nasonex as my only companions, recovering from my first ordeal as a film extra, or 'Background' as we were affectionately labelled.
'Who in their right mind would choose do this?', I said to my equally bleary eyed looking make-up artist as we gossiped whilst eating greasy hash browns, as she applied the 3rd layer of foundation to my already suffocating pores.
This was 5am. I had woken from my warm bed at 2am having snatched a meager 4 hours sleep, which was a definite improvement from the previous nights 1.5 hour effort!!!
'My body doesn't let me sleep until 12am' I said as I weeped to my hair lady, as she curled my frazzled locks into hot sticks. I was crying out of tiredness, but my tears were mostly due to the headache behind my left eye caused by my jammed sinuses, caused by the previous 11 hour filming day, outside, in the wind, in a short sleeved corseted dress! I have a massive bone to pick with my met office iPhone app, that optimistically gave me and 18 Degree Celsius forecast! My goosebumps and blue lips begged to differ. I don't know what kind of Degree Mr. Celsius had!!
I honestly did not know how I was going to the last the day. Already I had been propositioned by a lovely man in a silver car, at 3am, whilst waiting for the night bus to take me into town for the coach pick-up. 'Do you want a lift' he so sweetly asked, as if sugar wouldn't melt. I replied with a devastated look, a violent shake of my head and a harder clutch to my rape alarm that my mummy had put in my stocking last Christmas :)
I was then nearly sick on the coach that picked us up at 4am, controlled breaths were the only thing keeping me together.
I was pretty much a mess until after I arrived on set. By then I had popped 2 hardcore painkillers and was feeling pretty good!!! Very good indeed!!
My ordeal however was alleviated by around 2pm! After I received a text from my Booker telling me that the rest of the weeks filming had been cancelled.
I was so happy I was almost crying...but then again I think that was the headache creeping back!
Maybe I'm not cut out for 'Backgroud Action'. That phrase will be haunting me for the rest of the week...until I have to go back and do it again!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment